DVC #8 - Phillip Jackson - "Zombie Killer 2 -Telezombies" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 8th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #16
Major Player

PS - The music (especially the intro music) was perfect!!

Cheers,

Mike
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #17
Regular Crew

haha

Hillarious :)

Did I see riot gear there ?

Anyway. realy got m back to the 80 zombie movies. Great work
Anders Risvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #18
Regular Crew

A general rule in zombie flicks is that the car NEVER starts lol. I liked the special effects and the score was outstanding.
John Brickner Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #19
Major Player

Nicely done Phillip!

I like the first one too! It made more since when he said "Lets see if it works this time" (Sorry, I can't remember word for word).

I take it thats an Airsoft that you used? Was it electric, gas,or spring (if it was an airsoft)?
I am always wondering what kind of airsoft I should get for movie props...

Best of luck!
~Gabriel

Last edited by Gabriel Yeager; May 8th, 2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Watched the first....
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #20
Trustee

I thought it was interesting dual use of the theme, sort of. Having the TV come on is guaranteed to get me to stand still for a moment wondering how that works. Then to wrap it at the end with it being ON the television was a decent idea.

Nice exploding head and gun shot to the head.

Overall: Not bad at all.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments :)

Yes i used Andrew Kramer's "Action Movie Essentials" & "Riot Gear"
When i found out the theme was to be announced on Friday 13th i thought i'd have to do some horror or something then when the theme was "Television" first thing that came to mind was Remote Control & The Ring. but didn't write anything, then in the second week i thought maybe i'd do a sequal to Zombie Killer and make it it really bad tv movie, which i thought fit the theme, the tv on the road was originally there cause the zombies were gonna come out of the tv but decided not to do that. The title "Telezombies" is for zombie movie on tv, i dunno just sounded good.... sorta
Phillip Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow View Post
Your special effects were excellent! Can you use those in FCP or do you have to have Adobe After Effects to work with them?
Both Riot Gear & Action Movie Essentials are just video files and stills, so you can use them with any program you like
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager View Post
I take it thats an Airsoft that you used? Was it electric, gas,or spring (if it was an airsoft)?
I am always wondering what kind of airsoft I should get for movie props...

Best of luck!
~Gabriel
The gun belongs to a friend of mine, its spring loaded and shoots BB's but it doesn't work.
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #24
Regular Crew

most short zombie films ive seen have been better than the feature length zombie flicks out there, hahah
yours was definitely one of the better ones!
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #25
Major Player

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Jackson View Post
Both Riot Gear & Action Movie Essentials are just video files and stills, so you can use them with any program you like
Cool! Thanks for all the info Phillip. Much appreciated!
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #26
Major Player

Really nice begining graphics with the titles. I think that you have a definate style of directing! Nice job.

I love the dynamic between the over the top girl and the laid back guy driving the car.

My favorite scene is the very end when the woman turns off the TV "rubbish"
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #27
Major Player

It felt like a good start for a horror movie of some sorts :) Like the effects and of course that neat intro :)
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #28
Major Player

As others have said, the opening is amazing. I thought you did tie in well to the tv theme on two levels, with the zombie, and very amusingly at the end. I am actually relieved to know you used some software help for the special effects because I couldn't imagine while I watched how you did some of that. Putting it all together, it came across totally professional. And the acting was great- a throwback to old movies many of us watched with the cautious girl/oblivious boy ending badly theme. Great job.
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Hey Phillip!

Fun movie! I haven't seen many Zombie movies, but I watched it with a couple friends who have and they really enjoyed yours! Nice job with the theme...I liked how the TV in the road prompted them to stop which in turn prompted the Zombies to come out...lol clever trick on the part of the Zombies...also liked the bit at the end with the woman talking about the crap on TV...although your fllm was SOOO not crap! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager View Post
Nicely done Phillip!
I like the first one too! It made more since when he said "Lets see if it works this time" (Sorry, I can't remember word for word).
Awwww....I was going to ask you about the "I thought it would work this time" line, so it will make sense if I watch your first one. Is it on YouTube too?

Jamey*
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Hastings View Post
Awwww....I was going to ask you about the "I thought it would work this time" line, so it will make sense if I watch your first one. Is it on YouTube too?

Jamey*
Yeah the first one is on youtube, and all will be explained in Zombie Killer 3......
Phillip Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!