Nature's Reset Button - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old January 13th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Hi Lorinda,

Just as well you got the kitten and not this guy

YouTube - Marty Feldman monster sketch

I'll certainly look at entering the next competition.
Old January 13th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #17
Regular Crew

This was a lovely video. It must be so satisfying to be able to convey one's vision to others as you did here.
Denise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #18
Major Player

Lodinda,
After looking though the contributions several times, it is a relaxing pleasure to watch your film. I like the way you show the working stress and “charging the batteries” in the nature.
Actually, I often push the same wonderful reset button.

You have made a lovely film.
Finn-Erik Faale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Wrangler

Thanks so much. Andris, Alan and Finn-Erik, it sounds like we have a lot in common. We don't have to go very far to see beauty and get recharged.

As for you, Ray...I got a huge kick out of the Marty Feldman sketch! Haven't seen it in years and laughed all over again. And yes, I'm very thankful I didn't have to get Brett on tape wrangling a beast like that. He already thinks my orange cat comes close. Hoping to see you next round; I will try to remind you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Wall View Post
It must be so satisfying to be able to convey one's vision to others as you did here.
Hi Denise! Thank you so much for stopping by with your encouraging words. I've been thinking about what you wrote and my reply is "yes and no." No, because we always see problems once they're posted and it's too late to do anything about them. But largely, yes, it is satisfying. This one in particular was satisfying for me because of my admiration for and appreciation of my friend. He has been with me through some sorrowful times with my animals, and helps me in many other ways. He's just a great guy. So, to be able to give him something to reflect on and pass along to his son makes me happy. I am hoping to go back to Jump Creek Canyon with him when it gets pretty this spring and recut the entire video.

Why don't you try to join us next round? :)
Old January 13th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Wrangler

Such a happy and well done vignette, Lorinda! Love it. Of course, now we all want to go see this beautiful place so Brett's solitude will be no more.
;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post

Hi Denise! Thank you so much for stopping by with your encouraging words. I've been thinking about what you wrote and my reply is "yes and no." No, because we always see problems once they're posted and it's too late to do anything about them. But largely, yes, it is satisfying. This one in particular was satisfying for me because of my admiration for and appreciation of my friend. He has been with me through some sorrowful times with my animals, and helps me in many other ways. He's just a great guy. So, to be able to give him something to reflect on and pass along to his son makes me happy. I am hoping to go back to Jump Creek Canyon with him when it gets pretty this spring and recut the entire video.

Why don't you try to join us next round? :)
Hi Lorinda,

I know what you mean about the problems (though for my own work they would be much worse than yours) because there is always something less than perfect. But for me, the video's subject matter and sincerity transcend any problems you might find in it.

Thanks for the generous invite :) It sounds like a great opportunity but spring time is lambing time here on my farm. It will be a time where some sort of button will be reset for me - never sure which one.
Denise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #22
Wrangler

Heh. Sounds like a busy, busy time. But I would love to see some footage of the lambs! You could post a clip in this thread if you wanted to.

Not sure when we'll run the next challenge; lambing season might be through by then. I'll try to let you know! :)
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Thanks for the window, the journey and most of all, taking the time out to do it properly.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #24
Wrangler

Most kind of you, Bob. Glad you stopped by. :)
Old January 15th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #25
Trustee

Lorinda,

I really enjoyed your entry, found it very relaxing and I have to say vets can be some of the most caring and compassionate people around. At least those I've known through the years have seemed that way.

Some of that scenery you showed was more than spectacular, the ice waterfall in particular.

Sorry I couldn't get an entry in, I flat couldn't get anything working with all I have "on my plate" right now.

Hope you had a very fulfulling Christmas and New Year season.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #26
Wrangler

Hi Bruce! Thanks...I'm glad you liked it. Actually, I'm surprised you could watch it; because we are pretty much finished here I just got done replacing it with a tweaked version so my friend could show a little more polished video to his friends. Of course, there was only so much I could do short of reshooting parts of it. But I did add two clips I missed in my rush to get it completed earlier.

Yes, we missed you this round, but that's what happens when guys like you stay so busy! See you next time, okay?
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #27
Wrangler

very UWOL-ish! so of course, I loved it!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Linda,

What a great example on how to make a documentary!!!! the opening shot was fantastic!!!! there were numerous shots that were just glorious and it truly demonstrated the beauty that your subject as talking about!!! To me this was a real winner to be certain!!!!!!!

I learned a lot from it and will apply some of that in future videos I make!!!

thank you for making this film and sharing.
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:16 AM   #29
Wrangler

Wow, thanks for the very nice comments, Dale! Tell you what, if there was an award for enthusiasm on the charity challenge feedback you would win the prize hands-down. :) It is much-appreciated. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, and we hope to see you back here in December!
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #30
Major Player

I loved the Doc. Can I ask what was the intended use of this video? I produce commercials in a similar style and was wondering what motivated you to produce this piece.
Ron Little is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge