DVD Studio Pro 4.0 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 13th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #1
New Boot

DVD Studio Pro 4.0 question

Hello Everyone,

I´ve got a quick question...maybe not that quick actually.

I´m trying to make a menu, but its turning out to be more complicated then i expected. This is the effect I´d like to achieve...

I have 6 video clips. In this menu, I´d like to have the six tracks listed and a video that plays in the menu. The menu would start with track one highlighted and the video showing track one. As soon as a track 2 is high lighted the video would change and correspond to the selected track. Is this possible?

I appreciate any help, thanks a lot
John Stromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:44 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stromme View Post
Hello Everyone,

I´ve got a quick question...maybe not that quick actually.

I´m trying to make a menu, but its turning out to be more complicated then i expected. This is the effect I´d like to achieve...

I have 6 video clips. In this menu, I´d like to have the six tracks listed and a video that plays in the menu. The menu would start with track one highlighted and the video showing track one. As soon as a track 2 is high lighted the video would change and correspond to the selected track. Is this possible?

I appreciate any help, thanks a lot
Do you want motion, or just a static preview of the track contents? And do you actually want to play the video in the menu, or just a 20-30 second preview of video as you high light each track.
Grant Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #3
Major Player

If I read correctly, it is possible, but it's a bit tricky!

The way I would do it would be to create 6 different menus - one for each video clip. You just set it so that when you press the down/up arrows, it loads a different menu. Not sure how well it will look - the DVD player might pause a bit too long for your liking when you're navigating around the menu.

You would use this kind of technique:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage...back_menu.html

Give it a shot, and see how it goes...

As far as I know, there isn't an easier way to do it...
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring