Encore, error loading transcode preset?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old November 21st, 2007, 10:42 AM   #16
Major Player

Interesting. We did what I said, uninstalled everything I didn't need, Uninstalled Encore 2.0, did all the updates to XP, reinstalled Encore and it all worked. (one interesting thing, before when we reinstalled Encore the Install app didn't want to run, after we did all the updates it ran fine and has been chugging along ever since).

We recently added the Klite codec pack, but I just ran encore yesterday and it worked fine. We actually had to install the Mpeg2 part since I couldn't watch the DVD I created on this machine. Now that was weird, but like I said it all seems to be working now (knock on wood!)
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:12 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I had the same problem with the installer, actually I had to copy the folder where the encore 2 installation files are over to my desktop to get it going.

I think multiple mpeg2 codecs might have been the problem in my case, but not entirely sure if thats the case. In addition to K-lite pack i had Sonic dvd it, Roxio Cineplayer installed....so that might have caused one or two conflicts.
Christian Magnussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:01 AM   #18
Major Player

Well after running fine for just over a year, the same problem is back. Error loading transcode presets.

Tech and I went round and round yesterday ( most of us are barred from installing and uninstalling software so I need him) the Install disc worked fine, but we have not resolved the problem. Unistalled the Encore software, unistalled the sonic record now program, unistalled k-lite, reinstalled encore, still the same errors.

Nothing has been added to the machine, nor removed. In fact I just authored a DVD with it last week, and it worked smoothly. then I got a request from an office for an older project, went to open it, as I couldn't find the master on the shelf, and viola! error loading transcode preset popped up.

and the tech is now on vacation for more than a week so its' "dead in the water" time.

I can rename the .vpr files to get rid of the .REJ extension but I cannot re-install Encore so my options at troubleshooting are extremely limited.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring