Encore, error loading transcode preset?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 19th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Encore, error loading transcode preset??

I get that error when I try to open a project from a few months ago.
Monday I created a new project and whenever the mouse went over the project window I got a General error. Later I got a "unable to initialise drawing enfironment" error.

I created a new project with the same media as the first example this morning, I try to save, and it hangs. (media is one video file, one audio and one subtitle .txt)

I have a call out to our IT staff since Friday. I do not have admin rights so I cannot reinstall it myself. (yeah yeah I know they have control issues and are headed by old mainframers).

I just looked at the preset folder and the .vpr files are now called .vpr.REJ

what is that about?

Win XP Sp2
Pentium D 3.00 Ghz
2 gig Ram
one sys drive
one media drive.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Well,

I just went thru and renamed the .vpr.REJ files back to .vpr

Started Encore, went to open the older project, got an error for each and every preset.vpr file and it wouldn't load. went back and looked and the .vpr files were once again vpr.REJ
Old September 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Major Player

tech tried "repairing" the software via remote, didn't work, It rebuilt the preset folder, but still the same errors.

No one else has had or has a similar problem? I'm wondering if MS pushed something in an update or if it was our technogeeks (never ones for testing on anything more than a base system)
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #4
Major Player

nobody has had a similar problem with encore 2.0?

still waiting on our IT dept to come to life. guess the issue is a local one.
I will post back if I ever get this figured out.
Old October 17th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Did you find any solution to this problem?

I ran into the same problem, today on a fresh install of windows xp pro sp2 and fresh encore 2.0 install. All updates from Microsoft and adobe installed.
Christian Magnussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Major Player

No solution yet. I think IT has abandoned me.

Even though they deny it, I believe its a conflict created by one of their policies pushed out on the network, or a windows xp update. they think its a hardware issue since they saw errors with the burner in the log. funny though it still burns fine with other software, and I didn't have the issue while burning, but on start up of the program, and how would a burner issue prevent a wav file from playing within the program when it plays find outside?

all questions, no answers.

when I can't provide something the Chief Justice wants, then whose issue will it be?
Old October 18th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Crap...

Sonic Dvdit works just fine, but not used to it so it takes time...especially with the psd menu's.

The thing is that its the same problem om my laptop.
Both run about the same software setups and Adobe Encore is the ONLY thing not working as it should.

Frustrating as hell since i'm making a promo dvd which might be published together with a magazine in a respectable number up here in the cold north...and using Dvdit is not tempting at all.

So not being an hardware issue i might call adobe tomorrow and hear what they say.
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #8
Major Player

so just to be clear, you had it working, then it stopped? and you get the .REJ extensions?

I originally got Encore so I could subtitle easily, as a state government agency I have to closed caption all videos to comply with the American with Disabilities Act. So right now I am dead in the water as far as DVD distribution goes.

I bugged IT this afternoon, but am out on a shoot tomorrow so I won't know anything until next week.

But something you said made me wonder if the problem is an SP2 update patch that was installed. I don't have admin rights on the PC in question so not sure if I can remove them myself. I think I can with CCleaner.

If they cannot figure this out, I will have to change programs and getting up to speed will take some time.

sorry for the ramble, long story short, maybe try removing the latest SP2 patch and see if it resumes working.
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:36 AM   #9
Major Player

Christian,

did you find a solution? I'm still talking with IT about admin rights on this pc. sheesh!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:45 PM   #10
Major Player

Still haven't determined what caused the issue, but it has been resolved. Uninstalled some non essential software, installed all windows updates, uninstall Encore, reinstall, and it appears to be working, though a bit slowly at times, but the PC in question is on the network so that may have something to do with it.

Funny no software had been added after it was working before, nothing had changed, intentionally on the system, but it does appear that there was some conflict.

back to work.
Old November 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Forgot to check back...sorry.

I've been emailing back and forth with Adobe in Norway and haven't actually come any closer to a solution.

I've installed Encore 2.0 on my laptop to and it suffers from the same problem.

Adobe suggest some kind of sw conflict with some of the following sw:
Roxio
K-Lite codec pack
DVD it
AVC Streaming Filter Driver
Creative AC3 Software Decoder

The thing is that all of this have been installed since i got the pc, but maybe in newer versions and so on for the year i've been using this pc.

On my laptop it's about same software installed, but with a different Roxio software and no Creative drivers. Appart from that identical, both Xp Sp2 patching and software setup.

And they also mentions that there might be a problem having Windows Media player 11 installed as Encore 2.0, although i almost suspect this is a "buy CS3 to solve it argument"...

So I've now emailed back and specifically asked if there is any know problems with Encore 2 and Microsoft patches. So i will have to wait and see what they say about that.

Still having to use DvdIT which is a pain in the.....when you're used to the Encore interface, but it works for the preview dvd's I have to make now.
Old November 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM   #12
Major Player

Christian,

thanks for checking back. We did all the MS updates including IE7, and just this morning when I clicked on an mp3 it had to "validate" for Media Player 11 which it installed. now after your post I need to fire Encore up and see what happens. I only had Media Player 10 on this machine before.
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Which reminds me, I've only got IE6(using firefox) and WMP11. I'll give the IE7 possibility a go....
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #14
Major Player

it worked fine today.

so MP11 and IE7 didn't do it any damage.
Old November 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #15
Regular Crew

I thought i should share my problem....or solution to it, or what worked in my case.

The problem seem to be I had installed Adobe Encore 2.0 and then K-Lite Codec Pack with the mpeg2 codec to. That for some reason seem to cause problems for Encore, or it's the ffdshow, I'm not sure with ffdshow though just dropped it.

So the solution was to uninstall K-lite, uninstall Encore 2.0 then install Encore 2.0 and K-Lite at the end. But skip the Mpeg2 parts, and I skipped ffdshow to just to be sure and i don't need that either.
Christian Magnussen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring