Adobe Encore -- various topics - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 8th, 2007, 08:35 AM   #196
Major Player

I know this sounds like a strange question, but are you the owner of that copy, or is it a trial version? That sounds weird and I have never experienced that to be honest.

D
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #197
Major Player

Yeap, I am the original owner. It let me use dolby three times and after that it says i have to buy it. But if i export for premier as dvi and import it encore there is no problem.
Kiflom Bahta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #198
New Boot

It may depend upon the version of Encore. I'm still useing 1.5 and it only gives three uses of dolby, but 2.0 or 3.0 may have it built in.
Hank Castello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #199
Major Player

I don't remember that guys. From what I remember from even the original, it always let me encode to dolby. That was one of the main assets of Encore, in that it did encode to dolby and allowed a much larger alocation of your assets to video encoding. Maybe I am wrong...

Nope, I am right. I just pulled out my 1.5 Encore box and looked at it and also the disc. It does state it encodes to Dolby. Something is up with your copies if it is only allowing 3 dolby encodes.. Maybe it's to 3:2:1 surround? I am not sure. But I remember now that this was one of the things that really made me want to switch to Encore when it first came out. I know "premiere" does or used to do the 3 times dolby thing as I mentioned with the Minnetonka software plugin, but that is different than the one built into Encore since Encore's is 2.0. Something sounds up with your copies guys...

D
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #200
Regular Crew

Page curl transition in Encore

Im wondering if it is possible to have a page curl transition effect when changing the menu from the main menu to the chapter selection menu on a DVD im making.

I notice that when I click the link in the flowchart for the chapter link there is a Transition tab, but I need to pickwhip an asset??

Any info on this would be great, thanks.
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #201
Regular Crew

i had a project where i had to do something similar...all i did was come up with a quick"chapter" of the motion that i wanted and have it run when the user selects an action (play movie, scene selection menu, etc) before it runs the actual action...
Chris Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #202
Regular Crew

Use After Effects to made you motion transition. Create from the DVD Ecore MENU
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #203
Regular Crew

Slideshow transitions ibn Encore not working

Ive set up some basic cross disolves from one picture to the next in a slideshow on my DVD im working on.
It works fine through preview on Encore, but when I save to an ISO and burn to a disk it doesnt work. Instead it places a black screen between each picture where the fades should be.

I even checked the ISO using mounting software and it doesnt work.

Am I missing something in the building process because im stumped.

Thanks
Old August 28th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #204
Regular Crew

DVD Encore may have problem making ISO and burn later. Try load back the save project and put a disc burn direct from CD or DVD. It should play good.
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:03 AM   #205
Regular Crew

Thanks i'll try a direct burn, looks like it will take 9mins now so i'll see what happens.
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #206
Regular Crew

tried it and it still didnt work. Ive got them to slowly zoom inwards which works fine, but when it goes to fade from one image to the next it cuts to a black screen and then the next image.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:23 AM   #207
New Boot

Encore Menu Problem!

Alright I am not a dumb chick but I am totally frustrated!

Heres the deal:
I am using Encore CS3. I open a menu (provide with the software) but it doesnt full the entire screen. There are slight Gaps horizontally leaving black stripes down the right and left sides of the screen. This is not apparent in the menu window but when I hit Preview the black down the sides is clearly visible. When I edit a menu in photoshop it comes in the same way. Even worse sometimes from photoshop the menu looks letterboxed. I have tried both 720x480 and 720x540 (to see if it was a square pixel issue) and still the same thing.

The menus supplied with the program do it and this makes no sense to me! I have linked the main menu to an avi (to act as a transition). The transition AVI begins with the title menu, disolves and has a Digital Juice wipe (from an ETK) come up and then ends with a still of the next (sub) menu.

When i run the project it starts on the title screen with the thin (albeit present) black stripes on the left and right. Then when the "transition" video starts to play it appears that the menu "jumps" to full screen stretching slightly (but noticable) to display the way that the menu should to begin with.

Can anyone offer a solution to this menu problem??
Dawn Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:12 AM   #208
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Kelly View Post
There are slight Gaps horizontally leaving black stripes down the right and left sides of the screen.
This happend to me once when I accidentally used a 4:3 menu in a 16:9 project.
(I use Encore 2.0, which has separate menus for 4:3 and 16:9)

I suggest you check if the same thing is valid for Encore CS3.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:17 AM   #209
Major Player

Yes, your using the wrong format menu's. You need to use the "wide" menu's as those are for wide screen.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:02 AM   #210
New Boot

No, my project is standard ntsc 720 x 480

I cant imagine no body else can see this by loading a menu and selecting preview from here. If you take the photoshop file and put it at the beginning of a "transition" video and drop that in you will clearly see the jump discribed above.
Dawn Kelly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring