Adobe Encore -- various topics - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:53 AM   #256
Major Player

Don't know the limits, but I'm sure it will be one less than what I need for some critical last-minute job :).

Eighteen buttons per menu screen would be pushing it. The most I ever had was eleven (I think), eight for chapter selections, two for previous/next, and one for Main Menu. The screen was pretty busy.

Martin
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:00 PM   #257
Regular Crew

Yeah I thought it was 18 for the whole menu including the sublinked menus...But yeah It shouldn't be a problem..Thanks for the help
Nathan Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #258
Trustee

Encore: 16x9 video to letterbox DVD

Encore is driving me buggy. I want to take a 16x9 SD video and create a standard DVD in letterbox format. I know that I could export from PP using AME but it seems to lose more quality that way.

If I take the video (740x480, 1.2PAR) and drop it into an Encore project, no combination of transcode settings will give me letterbox video. Everything comes out with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.2.

Any settings suggestions that would help me fix this?
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #259
Inner Circle

There is no such thing in Encore. You either author a 4x3 or a 16x9 DVD - any decent DVD player will interpret the wide screen material as such and output with the bars.
Old August 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #260
Trustee

It seems DVD players are smarter than I am. Since I have no 4:3 TVs here, I told two different DVD players that the TVs were and it worked fine.

I feel stunningly stupid.
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #261
New Boot

Encore Error Code 6 Issue

I am trying to burn my first Blu-ray program on my new LG GGW-H20L burner and everytime i try to burn the program i get the "Blu-ray: fatal error, code 6, Note".

I encoded blu-ray from PPro CS3 and authored in Encore CS3.

I get the error when trying to burn to disc, image or folder. Any recommendations?
Old August 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #262
Major Player

I haven't had this issue yet but Try some of these possible fixes:

Adobe Forums - Blu-ray Error: "fatal error", Code: "6", Note:"

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c05ee1d

Blu-ray: fatal error, code 6, Note

let us know how it goes.
Old August 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #263
New Boot

Josh, thanks for your quick reply.

I searched around and found something that worked.

When you recieve the following error when you try to burn a blu-ray disc with encore cs3.
"Fatal Error", Code: "6"

Download and install msxml 6.0

It should fix the error

Download details: Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0

I had this issue and the patch solved this!
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #264
Major Player

Yeah they talk about the patch in the first link. Glad it worked for you :)
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM   #265
Major Player

Can Encore CS3 do the following?

These are the things I am hoping to learn how to do, if possible.

1. Switchable subtitle tracks either by Menu Selection or DVD button push (or both)
ex. 1. No Subtitles 2. English 3. Chinese

2. Subtitles in the black bar under video rather than floating over the movie. They were shot with 1.33 PAR and will be finalized in 1.0 PAR to have the black bars top and bottom. I'd like to insert the subtitles in the bottom black bar.

3. How many levels of sub-menus can be made?
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM   #266
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini View Post
These are the things I am hoping to learn how to do, if possible.

1. Switchable subtitle tracks either by Menu Selection or DVD button push (or both)
ex. 1. No Subtitles 2. English 3. Chinese

2. Subtitles in the black bar under video rather than floating over the movie. They were shot with 1.33 PAR and will be finalized in 1.0 PAR to have the black bars top and bottom. I'd like to insert the subtitles in the bottom black bar.

3. How many levels of sub-menus can be made?
I need to check but from what I understand CS3 has a 1GB limit for menu material but I cannot find any talk of a specific number except for older versions.

On one note the adobe site talks about 32 subtitle streams so you are good there.
"Add up to 99 separate timelines, each with up to 99 chapter points, 8 audio streams, and 32 subtitle streams."

Also with subtitles I think it lets you type them in your self where you want possibly. Closed captioning I think is the one that is stuck in the bottom over a black bar.

"Powerful video subtitling
Type and format subtitles directly over video, or import and format a script containing multiple subtitles."

Sorry I could not give you exact answers but hopefully it helps.
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #267
Trustee

Curious about one thing. Why are you converting the PAR to 1.0? If it's simply to accommodate 4:3 TVs, don't bother. DVD players will take that into account when the user initializes them.

If you down-rez to letterbox you're throwing away something like 15% of your vertical scan lines. Ya ain't got that many to start with. If you have other reasons for doing this, I'll shut up.
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #268
Regular Crew

Mixing frame rates in Encore

I'm making a 24p DVD in Encore, but I need to include about 4 minutes of 30p footage into one of the timelines. When I do this I get a horrible strobing effect on the 30p footage. Anyone know a work around on this? I've tried to make new timeline for the 30p segment and then linking it to the other footage via "end action", but that gives the same result.

Edit: Nevermind, the fault was in the coding of the m2v files in after effects :)
Morten Gjerstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #269
Regular Crew

So what did you do to fix it?
William N Zarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM   #270
Major Player

need B.I.G. help for DVD Studio Pro -> Encore

If I could get some help from anyone here....
So here is the background where I am coming from...
I am doing some editing and DVD authoring as freelance for this wedding photo studio, and I ran into a conflict when I needed to make a menu for the DVD. I use Adobe CS3 (Encore) and they have been using Mac (DVD studio Pro) and they have this unique menu and transition that they use for their DVD. I went their studio to export the empty template of the menu and transition and failed... apparently no one there who is editor or video related...
I figured out the name of the temp. which are "rough rect halo larrge blue.pox" for the menu, and "blue master look.ntsc.v2.mov" for the transition. I could not locate those 2 files anywhere in their computer, unfortunately...
Menu is 30 sec loop and transition is 3 seconds. I tried to burn a DVD with no text but couldn't do it... I only had 2 hours to figure this thing out, but I had to leave before I could look into it any more. Their studio is like 1.5 hours away, I am not planning to make a trip down any soon. For PC guy, it was not that easy to figure out how to export a menu animation...
Could anybody export that to useable video file (i.e. mpg, m2v or any type that would look decent to normal TV)? They said the computer will be occupied for next week or so for their photo album use for wedding couples. I can't find anyone with DVD studio Pro near me, and I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me with that!
Thank you so much , everyone.

regards,
JJ
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring