Encore Menu Button Highlight State at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Major Player

Encore Menu Button Highlight State

Hey guys, working on making some menus for my DVDs in photoshop, and I seem to have a relatively good handle on it in general. What I don't understand is the highlight state. My buttons are text layers, and I wanted to add a highlight state that was the same thing with a heart next to it. I duplicated the text layer in the group and added a heart, and named it =(1) Highlight, but when I open the menu in encore the heart is always there. I just want in there when they are highlighting it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Evan
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Encore Menu Button Highlight State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Bourcier View Post
What am I doing wrong?
It should be (=1) and not =(1).

/Roger
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Roger, I ended up figuring that out about 15 minutes after this post haha. I did have a few other problems figuring out the selected neutral and active states stuff but I got it to work for now. Random thought. I have an animated intro sequence into the menu I made in after effects, which is my first play action. Is it possible to make a song start playing during that sequence and continue playing during the menu?

Thanks,
Evan
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Bourcier View Post
I have an animated intro sequence into the menu I made in after effects, which is my first play action. Is it possible to make a song start playing during that sequence and continue playing during the menu?
Yes, add the music in the After Effects Composition and render out the menu again or add the audio directly in the Motion tab in Encore.

I recommend doing it in After Effects because it is an animated menu you have.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring