Got My Toshiba HD DVD Player Today! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old April 15th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Got My Toshiba HD DVD Player Today!

First thing to note:

1. The MAC DVDSP4 HDDVD on standard media IS COMPATIBLE. But it has an issue:

a) It appears that the menu is got an issue, you can't move around at all, so you have to open the little slider on the remote and select a chapter to make it work. (Bye Bye transitions, but I think apple will get that corrected)

b) Kinda slow to load, but boy!!!

2. Is better than watching Discovery Channel in HD, SUPERB!!!
Tomas Chinchilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Can you give a bit more details on what you mean exactly. Is this like burning a HD DVD formated disc to a DVD-R? What codec, MPEG-2, h.264, VC-1?

I'm sorry, i don't have a mac or FCP so I don't fully understand, and I'm sure i can't be the only one.
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #3
Major Player

You lucky dog!

The folks at avsforum.com has been discussing and congratulating the lucky few who got them from Best Buy today--though a few haven't gotten the movies for it yet.[Tuesday]

Glad to hear Apple has been ahead of the curve here [HD-DVD on regular media]--can't wait till "iDVD HD" comes out--or maybe some kind of rudimentary support by Roxio--then all HDV camcorder owners are gonna be in heaven.

Me, I'm going to wait a bit till a few more flicks come out. Maybe something unique like "True Lies" or "Bladerunner" in HD before dropping $499 for the player.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes, DVD Studio Pro 4 allows you to burn HD-DVD's on a regular DVD, it looks amazing including the menu.....

....the problem is; you know that overlay shadow or line or whatever it is you choose as the indicator for your menu selection, well, is not there so you can' choose anything.
Old April 15th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #5
Major Player

Movies come out Tuesday which I kind of don't understand the reason you'll release the player and not the movies!!!!
Old April 15th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #6
Major Player

Oh, and the remote is kind of hard to see in the dark, you would think it would be backlit!
Tomas Chinchilla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring