1080i HDV to DVD Conversion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old June 11th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

1080i HDV to DVD Conversion

Hello everyone,

I shot my footage on a Canon XLH1 in HDV mode 30p. I have a mac book pro and Final Cut Studio 5.1.1. I was able to capture my HDV footage into Final Cut Pro 5.1.1 and edited it basically it is a 3 minutes footage. My question is how can I burn the footage into DVD? I tried Compressor DVD Best Quality 90 minutes 4.3 and 16.9 but it does not work. I burnt my footage on a DVD-R and I viewed it on my XBOX and it was not working my XBOX was saying that it could not read the disk. I tried also to burn the footage on DVD+R and it is still not working and it could not read it. I tried to downconvert the footage through Compressor to DV NTSC and then tried to use the DV NTSC version through Compressor and picked DVD Best quality 90 minutes on DVD-R and my Xbox could not read it.Let me know what I am doing wrong and let me know what's the best combination to get a high quality picture and my XBOX will be able to read it?

Regards,

Gilbert.
Gilbert Khoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #2
Major Player

I have no experience with the FC and I have a HD100 that shoots 720p. I use Premiere Pro for editing and what I do is exporting the edited footage to an AVI movie in SD resolution, than I use that movie to create the DVD. There may be other ways to do it...
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring