DVD problem stopping at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD problem stopping

I just handed in the DVDs to one of my client's wedding last week. I was told yesterday that some of the copies I gave them are having problems. It was stopping during the speeches. I played one of the copies I have on my DVD player and it did stop.

I played it again twice but did could not simulate the same problem. What I did was burned the working copy on a different computer with a different burner with different DVD brand.

Does any one had the same problem or experienced this problem before? I would really appreciate your help. I provide 5-6 DVD's in my packages and it really cost money to replace them. This is the first time that happened to me and I really dont want it to happen in the future..

What am I doing wrong here? I had an LG burner and use Maxell DVD-r. I can't remember the framerate that I use
Billy Mallari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #2
Regular Crew

this is just like my question i posted a day ago. its to do with the discs you use.
Nathaniel McInnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

They play fine on my DVD player and computer. I did have a feeling that it could be the DVD but I could be wrong.

If it was the disc that has a problem then what brand would be compatible to most DVD players?
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #4
Regular Crew

i recomend Taiyo Yuden. i have never used them but they work nearly on anything. the dye is suppose to be the best around. im looking tro try them soon
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel McInnes
i recomend Taiyo Yuden. i have never used them but they work nearly on anything. the dye is suppose to be the best around. im looking tro try them soon
I have been geeting mixed reviews about this Taito Yuden. I heard it was good. but I was in one forum a few minutes ago and one guy said he was was disappointed with the TY DVD because it wont play on his new JVD DVD player but works on his 6 year old Phillips DVD player.

I heard Verbatims are also good. I was also thinking of slowing down the frame rate.
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

it all depend on the speed ou play it on. i have just done my work experience at Media4Schools and they use nothing but these disks. they are garenteed to play on 90% of dvd players
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mallari
I have been geeting mixed reviews about this Taito Yuden. I heard it was good. but I was in one forum a few minutes ago and one guy said he was was disappointed with the TY DVD because it wont play on his new JVD DVD player but works on his 6 year old Phillips DVD player.
that's classic internet fud-mongering... how does he know for sure that all of his problems are due to the media? what if it's one of those sony lasers that failing, as we were just talking about in the other thread?

or it could be an issue with how the disc was formatted, as gregory pointed out with the video_rm directory.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #8
Regular Crew

My DVD WRITER is a PIONNER. I Hate sony. i have been through two sony dvd writers in a year and a half
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mallari

I heard Verbatims are also good. I was also thinking of slowing down the frame rate.
There are a number of factors that affect compatibility. Media is just one of them. As Dan pointed out, how do you know it wasn't something else, like the laser failing? Taiyo Yuden has a reputation as one of the best DVD manufacturers out there.

Verbatim, on the other hand, is not a manufacturer, but a brand name. Here in the United States I believe they sell mostly, if not all, Mitsubishi Chemicals media, which is just as good as Taiyo Yuden. Outside the States you never know what you might be getting with Verbatim, however.

See the DVD Blank Media & Quality FAQ for more useful information on the subject.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring