Any chance of 60p? External via HDMI? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Any chance of 60p? External via HDMI?

In the market for a new HDSLR (either d800 or canon 5d miii), but why is it so hard for external recorders to do 1080 60p? Atomos, nanoflash, ors, all do either 1080 30p or 1080 60i. Can this be so hard? With falconbridge etc. other processors available? Yes pseudo 4k would be nice, but to my peepers, even 5d footage on the big screen is pretty good (see danfung etc). However iff even the small cams can do this (60p), about time fullframe ones did as well? Having trouble going from 645 to aps-c, not to mention full-frame, everything is still distorted...want my pics and vids to approximate what I see without wide-angle distortian..

ok nag out..but yes about time nano, atomos, ors, supported 60p via hdmi out...thank god for nikon and lack of video division! Yeah baby, clean hdmi out!

OK shattered ribs and some vino here after off-piste meet with tree! But after 3+ yrs following threads, I WANT CLEAN HDMI OUT!!
Arne Pursell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics