DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   F.A. on Ebay (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/f-ebay/)
-   -   All Ebay Listings 2015 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/f-ebay/525996-all-ebay-listings-2015-a.html)

Clive McLaughlin December 4th, 2015 09:34 AM

Re: My Sony CX730 is about to sell for crazy bargain on ebay!

Good tips! Thanks Michael - hope you are well!

It was an entire day of cleaning, collecting, packing, photographing - I was just glad to get the listings up - I didn't even think about it!

I'll know again! Here's hoping there's a bidding war in the last hour....

Still though - any money is better than none for gear that is gathering dust. Still stings a little though!

Jeff Harper December 4th, 2015 04:38 PM

Yes, what they said about Sunday! Definitely time my auctions to end on Saturday or Sunday evening, makes a huge difference.

Clive McLaughlin December 4th, 2015 07:09 PM

There were no bids on it, and so I was able to end it without penalty. I have it scheduled to relist for seven days from Sunday evening at 7pm! Here's hoping!

It's quite a niche though isn't it - higher end camcorders. That bit too pricey for enthusiastic Dad's, and yet perhaps seen as too amateurish by semi pros.

There are two 'used' on Amazon UK at £520 and £530 - I'd be waiting a long time on ebay to get that money for it!

Dave Blackhurst December 5th, 2015 05:15 PM

ebay has a program called tubolister (I call it Turd-o-lister, but anyway - finally works smoothly on a 5th gen i5 laptop, was sordid to marginal on anything earlier!). It allows you (with patience!) to create listings offline and upload at your convenience (I think it even allows for some scheduling, saw that in the tips, and would be helpful if it works). If you sell much, you can "template" and automate at least some of your listing activity.

You definitely should "time" your listing ends, and you may want to consider using "buy it now" with offer - gives you more control over what the final sale price is - auctions, particularly ones that end at odd times and have titles that don't trigger their "best match" algorithm (AKA "worst match ever") will get no activity and if you are low someone will pick it off for opening bid.

FWIW, I put a couple things up when they offered a special on auction listings, got the WORST prices, won't ever do auction format again = only BIN/offer!!

Using "offer" also helps you "vett" a buyer so you end up with less deadbeats that don't pay (another VERY common ebay "issue").

One thing with pictures and descriptions is to keep in mind that a good portion of potential buyers are now going to be on a phone or tablet, NOT a computer (my numbers are reporting 26% of my sales are to a mobile device, strange since the only things I've sold recently were some ancient flip phones!). You need pix that look good on a small screen (get the ebay app if you have a smart phone, so you can see how listings look - it's VERY different from the web interface!).

All that said, HD cameras in general are getting tougher to sell, even though they are very hard to find if you should NEED one! I'm sure older tape based cams are even worse. The cell phone has killed most camera and video camera categories to the point of "mostly dead". People just don't see the need for higher end quality "gear" when they can get blurry smeary blobs out of their phone... not sure why... but it is what it is.

Dean Sensui December 10th, 2015 12:22 AM

US+AKHI:ATW-1800 dual channel wireless mic

I'm upgrading, and decided to sell this system. It just got back from service at the Audio Technica factory and is in perfect working order.

I wasn't able to find the "prefix" for this listing, but it's for the US, including Alaska and Hawaii. And shipping is free!

ATW R1820 Dual Channel Wireless Mic Receiver Two ATW T1801 Transmitters | eBay

Brandon Payte December 10th, 2015 12:47 PM

Re: Pelican 1610 Case with Foam for Cameras (Black) - Waterproof with Wheels!

Case was sold.

Kajito Nagib December 11th, 2015 04:45 PM

Used Philip bloom pocket dolley

I'm selling my KESSLER -PHILIP BLOOM 24" POCKET DOLLY SLIDER (BLACK) on ebay for $799.00.
It's in great condition hardly used.

Kessler Philip Bloom 24" Pocket Dolly Slider Black | eBay

Hart Boyd December 17th, 2015 08:03 AM

Vinten ENG Carbon Fiber 2-Stage Pozi-Loc Tripod Vision 3 Fluid Head - MINT

Vinten Eng Carbon Fiber 2 Stage Pozi Loc Tripod Vision 3 Fluid Head Mint | eBay

Vinten ENG Carbon Fiber 2-Stage Pozi-Loc Tripod with Vinten Vision 3 Fluid Head and Mid Level Spreader, Telescopic Pan Bar, Rubber Feet, Carry Bag, Carrying Strap and Extra Spring

This auction includes the following items:

Vinten 3776-3 ENG Carbon Fiber 2-Stage Pozi-Loc Tripad Legs (75mm Bowl - Spring & Plate)

Vinten 3543-3 Vision 3 Fluid Head (75mm Ball Base)

Vinten 3781-3 Spreader-Loc Adjustable Mid-Level Spreader with Rubber Feet

Vinten 3334-3 Soft Tripod Case (Blue)

Vinten 3219-106 Telescopic Pan Bar with Clamp

Vinten 3425-3P Detachable Carring Strap

Vinten Spring #2 with Cover Vision 3 (unopenned)

Jim Nogueira December 21st, 2015 05:43 PM

Re: Fancier FC-02H 75mm ball tripod fluid head w/ 2 plates

Sold, thank you.

Jim Nogueira December 21st, 2015 05:45 PM

Re: Fujinon VCL-614B2X 14x HD Lens for Sony PMW-EX3, PMW-300

New listing:

Fujinon VCL 614B2X 14x HD Lens for Sony PMW EX3 PMW 300 EX Cond Ships Free | eBay

Brian Rhodes December 22nd, 2015 05:53 AM

Audio-Technica AT825 Condenser Cable Professional Microphone No Reserve

1 Attachment(s)
Audio-Technica AT825 Condenser Cable Professional Microphone No Reserve
Audio Technica AT825 Condenser Cable Professional Microphone No Reserve 4961310102883 | eBay

Hart Boyd December 28th, 2015 08:03 AM

Re: Vinten ENG Carbon Fiber 2-Stage Pozi-Loc Tripod Vision 3 Fluid Head - MINT

Updated link

Vinten Eng Carbon Fiber 2 Stage Pozi Loc Tripod Vision 3 Fluid Head Mint | eBay

Jim Nogueira January 2nd, 2016 09:49 AM

Lilliput 7" HDMI Loop thru Field Monitor Kit (Sony L) excellent condition

I have this monitor kit listed on ebay. It comes with everything that you n=may need except for readily available shoe mount adapter and battery charger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401049391646...84.m1586.l2649

Thanks for checking it out. - Jim

Jim Nogueira January 2nd, 2016 09:51 AM

Re: Lilliput 7" HDMI Loop thru Field Monitor Kit (Sony L) excellent condition

Here's the actual link:

Lilliput 663 O P2 7" HDMI Loop thru Field Monitor Kit Sony L Excellent Cond | eBay