Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: How do I export selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
I even once saw a guy take one complex timeline, drag it onto another sequence - and cut his needed clip out of THAT concatenated timeline to functionally do the same thing a simple range export would do.
It's worth mentioning that in FCP 7, copying and pasting in a new timeline doesn't adjust the timeline to the settings of the clips, like a normal timeline does if you drag/drop your first clip in it. Sometimes you can have some faults in this. Sometimes it's immediately obvious (if you drop your HD widescreen footage in an SD 4/3 timeline, you see it immediately) but sometimes you can have some troubles when going from a 1440x1080 timeline to a 1920x1080 timeline or vice versa.
It's fixable, but that's a situation where you in both cases see a widescreen viewer, and depending on titles and shots in your project, you don't always immediately see that things are wrong (if you just do it quickly quickly, copy and paste and exporting).

It's an off-topic comment, btw.

And I agree with your point that's it's more productive to have answers, but I think there are many answers in this thread and the point also still stands: it's not possible to just export a selection from an existing timeline in FCP X now. (a work around is not the same as having the solution itself, it just - hopefully - has the same result)
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #17
Tourist

The way I did it is to duplicate the project; edit it to what you want; than export.
Walter Gonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #18
Major Player

Bill:

Will you please run for president?
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X