New FCP-X coming with new MacPros at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old June 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Trustee

New FCP-X coming with new MacPros

Surprised I haven't seen comment here yet about Apple's "shout out" during the WWDC Keynote confirming that a new version of FCP-X will be released this year, tuned to take maximum advantage of the new MacPro that Phil Schiller also unveiled yesterday.

Excellent time to be an fully trained FCP-X editor, IMO.
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: New FCP-X coming with new MacPros

Well... it was a quite vague "announcement", it could be just 10.0.9 with support for the new hardware, just like the update to support the retina displays. But... It's about time for a major new release of FCPX, so anything's possible.

Wouldn't it be great if they released the new Mac Pro, FCPX 2 and Logic Pro X this fall?
I have hopes that they will give Logic the same treatment they did FCP and totally rewrite it. Both apps would gain from being tied together some more.
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Personally I think GPU support will be a bit more than "maintenance" that Retina update was.
I think Dual GPU support will be more than a speed boost.
I expect to be able to use multiple scopes simultaneously on both viewers (ganging as well).
Background rending should be real background rendering rather than "pauseround"
I do think that update will be focused on GPU related features but the changes will be more than "looks nicer, runs faster" IMHO.

I also think they'll be a non GPU feature update long before than (coming soon IMHO).
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Surprised I haven't seen comment here yet about Apple's "shout out" during the WWDC Keynote confirming that a new version of FCP-X will be released this year, tuned to take maximum advantage of the new MacPro that Phil Schiller also unveiled yesterday.
Maybe the reason for not specifying a date is to avoid making a misstep like with the navigation maps and, to some extent, with Seri?

In my old office, one of the sayings was "If you want it bad, you get it bad." Bean-counter managers don't realize that with programing (design, and construction too) that "stuff" happens. When one puts a project on a tight schedule that unforeseen problems can come up that weren't anticipated. As someone who edits in FCP X this happens to me all the time, and in particular when I try something new.

There will always be a few bugs in a new product but hopefully the FCP X crew doesn't release the next version until it is time, and not because it is time.
John Nantz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X