FCPX - Canon C100 Progressive appearing as interlaced (after change in settings) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 09:03 AM   #1
Major Player

FCPX - Canon C100 Progressive appearing as interlaced (after change in settings)

Hi,
I've been using FCPX with my Canon C100 for a couple of years now with no problems (other than FCPX's various flaws).
I import and convert to ProRes in FCPX and then select the footage in the event and change it from 1080i (25psf) to progressive in the settings in the inspector. It has always worked fine.
Today I have imported the footage like always but when I change the footage to progressive it actually makes it look interlaced (obvious interlacing) although the inspector shows 1080p! When I change it back to Upper First it looks progressive although the inspector says it's 1080i. This is the first time it has happened but it is a problem as I have to edit a 30min project and I don't want to get half way through the project only for it to tell me I've edited in interlaced.
Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there a solution?
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:29 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: FCPX - Canon C100 Progressive appearing as interlaced (after change in settings)

Try this:
Canon C100 PsF – the fix | Travelling Matt
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: FCPX - Canon C100 Progressive appearing as interlaced (after change in settings)

Hi Erick, thank for the reply.
That is the technique I usually use. Today, for some reason, it isn't working properly. It's like the PsF footage is already progressive (at least looking at it) although FCPX says it's 1080i. When I use Matt's technique and select progressive (like I always do) the footage becomes interlaced although FCPX says it's 1080p. It's like it's doing the opposite of what it should do and normally does when interpreting footage. Weird and worrying!
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X