DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #1
New Boot

FCP 6 crashing on Export

I'm trying to export a 39 min documentary (hdv 24p) to an uncompressed .mov.

FCP keeps crashing on me about 28min into the export or less.

Advice is greatly needed.

Thanks in advance.
Daniel Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

are you exporting via compressor or what are your settings. I have been having an issue when compressing through compressor it locks up/ crashes. Look into the the batch monitor in compressor in there you will see a little button with an i click on it also you may see it say error this is what has been happening to me, once you click on the i then go to the log and scroll to the bottom. Let me guess it says it can not find file FCP ####### #### #### then a bunch of numbers. This refers to a temp file that is created when you hit export using compressor in FCP you will see this number pop up when you click on using compressor in/ above the Browser window in FCP it will pop up as a tab next to the effects tab. Let me know if I am on the right path here. And I will continue and you need to call apple and let them know what is going on I have been working with them on this issue. But still no answer
Brandon
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite