NEED FINAL CUT PRO PLUGINS fast shutter / frame rate etc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

NEED FINAL CUT PRO PLUGINS fast shutter / frame rate etc

Hey, just wondering if someone can suggest some good (cheap) plug ins for final cut pro. When i edited on premiere I used to have loads of these. Now I'm mac bound i don't know where to look for them. Net search has shown some options but nothing terrific yet.

I'm editing a 15 minute low to no budget action film at the moment and could do with some film plug ins for fast shutter speed (that private ryan action look) and to change the frame rate for the same kind of area of end effect. Can anyone suggest some places to look for someone on a budget?

Also interested in general plug ins, so if anyone would like to suggest a favourite plug in go for it.

Thanks in advance

carter
David Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Major Player

David:

I would suggest looking at these plugins at http://www.nattress.com/

These are very well engineered plugins and really do a lot for the money and they are very responsive to technical questions you might have.
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks john

yes thats a good start. I think thats good value for money I'll be having one or both of their plug in suites. Cant see a fast shutter filter in there though. Still open to suggestions.

anyone?
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:22 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Fast Shutter Speed Suggestions?

I bought those filters and they fill a few gaps but I need suggestions on how to make my footage appear to have a fast shutter speed. That PRIVATE RYAN look is what I'm after. There's bound to be a filter out there that does this. Help!
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carter View Post
I bought those filters and they fill a few gaps but I need suggestions on how to make my footage appear to have a fast shutter speed. That PRIVATE RYAN look is what I'm after. There's bound to be a filter out there that does this. Help!
The best way to emulate that look is to shoot that way in the first place.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Regular Crew

thats not an option as its shot already but thanks anyway
Old March 19th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #7
Major Player

You could try the strobe filter in combination with some increased contrast and sharpening. Possibly even a little edge sharpening.
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:29 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Hey Liam just checked your website and watched your bakers film - it looks absolutely beautiful they must be pleased with that.

Yes I've begun playing with the footage and can split it into smaller sections and mess with settings - even remove frames - to gee it up, and it's coming along. I was never meant to do the edit myself as I'm relatively inexperienced as an editor but the process has been educational that's for sure. Will keep playing and see if I can find a combination of effects, cuts and filters to get what I want.
David Carter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite