DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 26th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adding images to a video

What isthe best way to maintain full quality photos.
I am trying to import a jpeg that was likely created at 300 dpi from a spreadsheet program and exported to jpeg. It looks fine when I open the files, but after import into Imovie it gets grainy.
Any ideas how to get the best quality from a publisher file to mac?
Export file options ??
Attached Thumbnails
Adding images to a video-leaderboard-day-2-peace-river.jpg  
Vince Halushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hmm, I downloaded the image and opened it in PS. It seems that it was compressed pretty heavily on export and is only coming up as 150 Dpi, it shows large and pronounced compression artifacts around the text and flags.

Is there any way you get them to make another copy exported at a better setting, maybe even as a tiff/bitmap instead, I'm not absolutely sure what formats Imovie can handle. Another thing to consider is you want to convert it to the proper size(720x480 for example) for your video format in Photoshop or a similar program BEFORE you import it into Imovie. That will help some even if you cannot get better copy of the image.
Adrinn Chellton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Ok here is what we tried. We exported the image as a tiff, imported it into Imovie..rendered it to a 20 second avi, re imported into the movie sequence and good to go...trial and error.
Vince Halushka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite