DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Apple Compressor Gone?

My compressor software of Final Cut Studio simply disapear... I can open the software, but only can see the finder bar (with compressor menu), and i can make appear only some windows... Can anoyone tell me what can i do? (i already re-installed the fcp) (i made an update...) and the first time than i installed the suite (when i bought the mac book pro the compressor worked perfectly..)

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?i...icture1cb4.png

Everytime i open the software, i can see only the top menu, and i go to WINDOW and mark:Show Inspector, Window, Preview, Destination and Settings...

Thanks..
Marcelo Lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Better than Halle Berry

Compressor is a little weird with windows. I wish they would simply dock everything into one window and be done with it. Trash your prefs should do the trick. Or Windows>Layout Standard and then pick one of the right layouts and you'll be all set...

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM   #3
Major Player

In all honesty I hope Noah is right because I had the same problem with Compressor and Leopard. I ended up reverting back to Tiger. Good luck.

P.S. Maybe take this as an opportunity. to discover the other compression suites like Episode Pro
James Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM   #4
Better than Halle Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brill View Post
In all honesty I hope Noah is right because I had the same problem with Compressor and Leopard. I ended up reverting back to Tiger. Good luck.

P.S. Maybe take this as an opportunity. to discover the other compression suites like Episode Pro
Episode is ok but unfortunately for me 3rd party support of it is nil. For example I use Glue Tools DPX and Phantom Cine Plugins- work great with Compressor. the Developer is not up on Episode though. Plus their interface is quite distinct from normal apple conventions....

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I symply unistalled all fcp suite and re-installed again.. The compressor now its ok...
Marcelo Lima is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite