DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Boris Title 3D Crashes FCP

New Mac Pro, new Final Cut Studio. Did all the updates from Apple. Mac OS X 10.5.4.

When I try to use Boris Title 3D over any piece of video it shuts FCP down.

I can open Boris, I can type, change settings,etc. When I try to put it on the time line with video, FCP shuts down.

Any suggestions?
Brian Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Check ur RAM

I had the same problem a while ago, ended up being some bad 3rd party RAM. Even Apple installed RAM could cause the issues. Not sure if something like Rember Kelley Computing - Rember would catch it, but try removing any 3rd party memory (if you have any) and see if the problem persists. I was able to get a free exchange from the manufacturer.
Paul E. Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No Extra RAM

Thanks for the reply, however I have no extra RAM. Only the factor installed that came in the machine.

The FCP title tool works fine. No other problems (that I know of), just Boris Title 3D.
Brian Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

There are several reasons FCP gets unstable when applying filters/effects and it's mostly because of issues with permissions and project corruptions.

Without restating pages of text here on the forum do a search for "Mac OS maintenance", specifically download and run ONYX a freebie app that will run all the maintenance routines and scripts for you.

Also, you might want to check things like sequence settings, clip settings etc to make sure they match.

Lastly, many 3rd part apps and plug-ins designed for FCP are often not up-to-speed with newer version of QT. If you've installed anything new to the FCP environment since you first used it that might be a possible issue.

If both the machine and FCP are new you do have free tech support both for the hardware and the app directly from Apple; if all else fails call in a trouble ticket to the Pro Apps department and have them help you troubleshoot.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite