Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #1
New Boot

HDV Interlacing on FCEHD

Hey guys,

I've had a search and am really struggling to get my head around the many responses out there regarding interlacing lines on my HDV footage. I think I'd be able to understand better if someone could perhaps help me out with my exact problem?

Basically I've captured my HDV footage from my new Sony HDR-FX1 into Final Cut Express HD, the footage looks great when I play the video in half size but when I play full size there are interlace lines all over it. Now I realise that the camera shoots interlaced automatically and also realise I can't change this... However I'd like to export my footage deinterlaced, without the horrible lines but am struggling to work out how to do this. I captured my footage using the apple intermediate codec 1080i50 and when exporting as quicktime conversion I'm also using the apple intermediate codec and setting to 1080p and choosing the "deinterlace source video" option in the size menu. I'm still getting the lines and I'm sure there must be something I'm overlooking?

My timeline is set to HD 1440x1080 and field dominance of "upper"...

I'm sure it's probably pretty simple and I am a complete idiot when it comes to the technical side of things but I really need to learn!

Thanks for your patience guys and thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Cheers,

Aaron
Aaron Bartlett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite