Capturing GL2 'frame mode' footage in Final Cut Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 1st, 2009, 01:54 AM   #1
New Boot

Capturing GL2 'frame mode' footage in Final Cut Pro

So I just spent an 2 hours logging clips from some documentary footage and now when I go to batch capture I get an error telling me that "You are about to capture drop-frame media to a non drop-frame clip." Is the fact that I recorded my footage using the "frame mode" on the GL2 causing this error? Are there any special Final cut system or capture settings I should change in order to capture frame mode footage?
Brian Van Peski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Peski View Post
I get an error telling me that "You are about to capture drop-frame media to a non drop-frame clip." Is the fact that I recorded my footage using the "frame mode" on the GL2 causing this error?
No, this is a timecode issue. You should be able to change the offline clips' settings to use drop-frame timecode from the browser and then batch capture.

IIRC, the way to do this (I'm not at my FCP machine, otherwise I would try this myself first) is in the FCP browser, select all the offline clips and then right-click over one of the fields displaying timecode (for example, in the length column... not on the column header, but inside the actual column over one of the entered values). A contextual menu will appear giving you the option to change the type of timecode. This change should, again IIRC, apply to all selected offline clips.
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:57 PM   #3
New Boot

Awesome! Thanks Mike! I knew it had to be some sort of contextual menu somewhere but google searches came up with nothing and aimlessly clicking through all the menus I could think of in Final Cut left me without a solution. Of course it turns out I was just right-clicking in the wrong spot! :)
Thanks for your help!
Brian Van Peski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite