still frames came up white!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 12th, 2003, 07:21 AM   #16
Major Player

I figured out it has nothing to do with version 6 of quicktime. I reinstalled fcp from cd(mount only) but it seems to be in the program itself because fcp does not work properly...(that is everything works good but not if I want to use export quicktime) I had to do a clean installation a few months ago so I then also reinstalled fcp3, i must have not used the export quicktime so far... that leaves me with one conclusion...there must be a problem inside ...do you know where I should look jeff?

thanks..

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 07:39 AM   #17
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by David Slingerland : it must be something else because i use os9 -->>>

Just getting back to your earlier post... you should be using Quicktime Pro 5 if running under MacOS 9. If you still have version 6 installed then replace it with version 5 of Quicktime Pro from your FCP3 original CD. This setup works fine for me under MacOS 9.2. See Jeff's post about downgrading from version 6.

Now there's a separate matter which I mentioned about getting white stills when I export running FCP3 under OS X, but I don't have any problems with FCP3+QT5 running under Mac OS 9.

Also, have you tried posting this question to the Apple FCP discussion group? DVinfo.net is a terrific place, but it's definitely worth asking over at apple.com since the FCP group is very active.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 11:25 AM   #18
Inner Circle

If you have Cleaner you might want to get rid of the Rad DV codec as it can cause problems. Do a search for it on the apple knowledge base (go to apple.com) or something like that.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #19
Warden

Do a search for the RAD DV codec and delete it. It should be in the extensions. RAD DV codec is installed by cleaner and is a known conflict with QT and various codecs.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #20
Major Player

I figured it out...Thanks everybody for helping. I have been stupid. I did a system cleaning a few months ago and I simply installed it all in the wrong order. I should have done FIRST quicktime and then final cut pro. Then I trashed everything but forgot to trash the prefs...

So all is good in mac world after all!!

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite