DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Work Flow for FCP Pro Res to Encore CS4 Blu Ray

I am experminenting with Blu Ray Production by doing the following and I wonder if I am doing things right:

I have an hour long FCP Edited Pro Res Quicktime file, exported from FCP to Quicktime as is. I have imported this into Premiere CS4 and then run a rendering on the whole thing. When finished I plan to dynamic link to Encore and burn the Blu Ray. I did the rendering because the file would not play back smoothly in Premiere.

Why am doing this rather than preparing the file in Compressor. Well, I understand that the file that compressor produces is not H264 and will be much larger. So I thought if I make my file a Premier file and then go to Encore I will be able to use the more modern method.

I am looking for advise and comment on this work flow....I do have the latest updates for Premiere and Encore, but I couldn't figure out how to open an FCP XML file. It was still greyed out after the update of Premiere, so I just used the exported Quicktime File.

Tim
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:47 PM   #2
Major Player

I cannot comment on this specific workflow but when I create blu-ray on OSX - I use MPEG-4 out of compressor and then bring it in to Toast BD. It's pretty painless and allows for menu creation. Data rate is important for BDR and most playback issues are associated with the encode process, not necessarily the burn.
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite