Need help with formats.... IDIOT NEEDS HELP!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 1st, 2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Tourist

Need help with formats.... IDIOT NEEDS HELP!!

Hey

This summer, I'll be shooting an Indie film in New York. Being based in England, I have a PAL format camera (Canon XH A1) shooting 25fps. I'm going to edit on Final Cut Express. However the film needs to be released to both a English base as well as an American base. How would I shoot a film, and distribute it as a NTSC DVD as well as a PAL DVD format? Has it something to do with the encoding on the master DVD? I plan to shoot in PAL, and edit in PAL, but someone once told me it was possible to remove the region code from the master copy, and get it copied. Then I would be a Region free DVD which you could play in all regions.

Help please!!!

Sandeep Marwaha
Sandeep Marwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Better than Halle Berry

Edit PAL, convert to NTSC either with a Nattress plugin or at a post house. Then author an NTSC DVD version from that conversion.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite