FCS Remover report: Works & No issues reinstalling at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FCS Remover report: Works & No issues reinstalling

Well, after some problems with missed applications (Live Type dissapeared) and extranges behaviors at starting the programs because playing with the folder locations on the Applications finder folder (promise do not get it again) I decided to try out FCS Remover app. I'm still on the learning curve so don't have sensible material to loose playing with this gigantic application. His web FCS Remover - Uninstall Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, Soundtrack Pro, Color, DVD Studio Pro, LiveType, Cinema Tools announces a complete suite uninstall in whole, getting all the program and his folders & archives at the Trash. After this, you have to get a Secure Empty Trash completing the job.

Well. I done it but noticed that not exactly all the folders & files were deleted. Still in this routes remained archives:

- Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Final Cut Pro System Support / Custom Settings & Pluggins

- Macintosh HD / Users / User / Library / Application Support / Final Cut Studio, Compressor, Sound Track Pro

And exactly as announced in his web: projects, render files and captured footage is not deleted.

Well, after done that (I delete manually those archives remaining) I re-installed the complete Suite (Final Cut Studio 2) with ANY problem, either duplicate archives nor issues with serial number, nor conflicts between archives; NOTHING. All running and working perfectly.

Thats my little experience. Hope being useful.

Last edited by Juan Todoli; August 16th, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Thanks!

Glad to know this exists.

If they had this for Logic...
I now manually deleted Logic, all the files, by a certain weblink (don't know anymore which one). It's completely gone, with all the loops. But Apple should provide a good uninstaller for these apps, considering how easy it is to remove 'normal' apps from their systems.

I had to search a LOT on internet to get a good link with the good instructions.

Last edited by Mathieu Ghekiere; August 18th, 2009 at 05:49 AM.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Mathieu, 15 years so far deleting applications throwing to the trash.

First in my life I find applications like this. Supose that if about his gigantic shape (I don't know, I'm not so high technical whit these issues -& don't want too-).

Cheers.
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

How long did it take for you to remove FCS2? I am hoping to get the new FCS next week. I am wondering because I have an academic version so I can not upgrade and I must uninstall FCS2.
Chris Leffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Chris.

The "uninstall" by FCS Remover is instantaneous, so FCS is trhown to Trash.

The real work comes with the second step: get a Secure Empty Trash. Once started (in my iMac Intel C2D 4G RAM) toke about 3 hours.

Cheers.
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite