DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP 4.5 combining sequences with disolves: Problem

I have built several sequences and now want to combine them on one timeline. The problem I am having is when I tell it to disolve from one sequence to the next, like you would from one shot to the next, it puts the transition in on either the last clip of one sequence or the first of the next sequence. Also I can't make the duration longer than one frame. What am I missing here? All I want to do is a 2 second disolve (audio and video) between multiple sequences in a (Master timeline).
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:43 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Brown
I have built several sequences and now want to combine them on one timeline. The problem I am having is when I tell it to disolve from one sequence to the next, like you would from one shot to the next, it puts the transition in on either the last clip of one sequence or the first of the next sequence. Also I can't make the duration longer than one frame. What am I missing here? All I want to do is a 2 second disolve (audio and video) between multiple sequences in a (Master timeline).

It sounds like you don't have enough room at the ends of your sequences. In your timeline, cut off about 30 frames from the ends of the two clips you are trying to dissolve between, move the clips together and set the dissolve.

You may need to go back to the original sequences to make them longer to give yourself more room to make the dissolves.

Hope this helps
Maui, Hawaii
Todd Mizomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Have you tried opening the transition up in the viewer and editing it there?
Old June 23rd, 2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Major Player

You need "Handles." If you bump one clip up against the other, they have no overlap, and therefore cannot dissolve. If you want a 2 second dissolve, you are going to have to overlap the sequences by 2 seconds.
Shane Ross is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite