Go Go Godzilla

ack - wrong thread! deleted...
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #17
Major Player

ProLost - ProLost Blog - Make Movies With AppleiPad
http://www.b-scenefilms.com/ipadfcp.jpg
Old January 30th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #18
Trustee

I agree with that Prolost blog. He has hit right on the money. The iPad as an inexpensive Color control surface would be great. All it would take is someone with the wherewithall to write the software.

I think the naysayers are totally underestimating just what possibilities the extra screen size offers.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 12:29 AM   #19
Regular Crew

here is a nice breakdown on how the iPad can be useful for us:

iPad for Filmmakers, Hopefully | the candler blog
Dave Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #20
Major Player

I'll get one with 3G if only to bring to events in my bag, so I can whip it out, show my webpage and show some HD video with a nice screen that's easy to use with no boot up time. More impressive looking than my iPod Touch.. but my iPod Touch also does the job fairly well to show off some of my HD video. (downconverted to 480p of course).

If the iPad could get an application to use with a job order, name, database, point of sale or just a records of orders and money taken and orders given, it would be a great thing for me as well. Biggest thing is while showing someone your HD footage or photos, it's big enough so that other people 30 feet away would see it and come over and see what the heck is that thing...
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #21
Major Player

Just playing round now with AC-7 mixer control surface iPad app on Final cut and it's very cute. Means that I can sit down on the couch in my edit room rather than needing hands on control of my Tascam 1082. At $9.99 it's also a lot cheaper than my Tascam. Looking forward to a Color app control surface becoming available fot the iPad too.
Greg
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #22
Regular Crew

The ipad will be very useful but obviously not as an editor

Already apps as control surface for Motion.
Ideal for use as a small Teleprompter- I believe that an iphone app can be used already for this.

regards
Ian Skurrie
Ian Skurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #23
Major Player

iPad apps

I have two apps for the iPhone/iPad Iteleport and touchpad.
Touchpad turns your iPhone into a wireless mouse. In the safari brower you can zoom in and out and other things like what you can do on the iPhone itself. I don't know if the zoom function works in other programs. I know that the zoom feature does not work in Internet explorer.
Iteleport allows me to control my complete desktop. So I can use it as a remote desktop or a dual desktop. As a remote desktop if you have your video computer connected to the Internet or wi-fi you could control and do remote editing. I have not tried this so I don't know how well/ fast the response time, etc.

John Gerard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Drews View Post
While the press release was pretty interesting, in the back of my mind I kept thinking how this device could not benefit the filmmaking/editing people.
I'm not trying to be a downer on clearly is an astonishing new product line but NO INPUTS?

Such a beautiful screen and yet no way to monitor from it.

What about as a wireless controller for Final Cut Pro? Using the pinch, zoom and rotate commands, I could clearly see how this would be useful to us.
Is screen sharing even possible on something that runs iPhone OS?

Finally, it's early yet, but I highly doubt this will play 1080P video. Even if it did, how would you install different codecs?

My overall thoughts are that this unit doesn't apply at all to the professional community.
-C
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #24
Major Player

If it's using VNC, it probably won't be close to fast enough. The AC-7 mixer works really well, but then it's not trying to shoot a graphics copy over wifi. With an iPhone being released in 3 weeks that has same/better hardware specs as the iPad (which just has the bigger screen) difficult to see how it's not going to end up being a niche item.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM   #25
Inner Circle

iPad Teleprompter looks interesting...

Ian is the only one who touched upon this. Great production application, I have a client right now is buying this to do a lot of talking heads presentations to camera.
The Teleprompter Range From Prompter People

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:44 AM   #26
Major Player

bingo, its a near-perfect delivery device and if i hadnt been limited by the 2 max restriction here in the UK pre-orders I would have ordered more for each member of the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Sensui View Post
The iPad is a delivery device. And for people like us, that's a potential avenue for delivering content and, maybe, generating revenue.

But here's a guy who was really disappointed when he realized its shortcomings:

YouTube - Hitler responds to the iPad
Sherif Choudhry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite