Why does audio effect adjust volume on main audio track??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Why does audio effect adjust volume on main audio track???

Hi,
I have a small problem. Just an FYI this does not happen when viewing the video in FCP in the canvass. This problem occurs after it is rendered either for DVD or the web(eg Vimeo).
The video is a boxing promo for a boxing match and it is edited to music. At 1:59 and 2:35 I have a camera flash effect used as a transition and at that point I use a Swoosh audio effect. You will notice that the volume of the soundtrack goes down. Can any one figure this out? Has this happened to anyone? How do I rectify this?
As I mentioned before this does Not happen in FCP watching it off the timeline in the canvass. The audio effect is on its own track. I do raise the db for the effect if that helps.
Here is the clip:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Strange that the sound remains lower and gets lower with each swoosh effect. That's very unusual if you haven't placed any key frames in the music track. Make sure that you haven't accidentally placed key frame adjustments in the music track.

Placement of audio tracks is important, if only for organization. For simple projects I try to keep camera audio on tracks 1 & 2, music on 3 & 4 and extra effects on 5 & 6.

If the music track is clear of key frames, shut off the track with the swoosh on it completely. Render the sequence in Compressor (make an h.264 file or a DVD file using APple's presets) and see if the music track still dips. It shouldn't.

Turn the sound effects track back on and export a full resolution QuickTime file. Play that file in QuickTime, it should be OK. Render that file in Compressor using a preset. It should work fine.

I have created projects with all types of audio effects and never had this problem with renders.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite