DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 12th, 2010, 04:40 AM   #1
Major Player

How to burn Proress 422 1080p File To DVD Using Dvd Studio Pro 4

i have exported a proress 422 .mov file, and when i import it to dvd studio pro, i can preview the dvd and everything is ok..

when i choose to burn to a dvd disk, it starts to burn the program shuts down, and it always shuts down right when it starts burning.

if i try to write a DVD folder containg the "TS" folder, it will NOT play, and when i burn that folder it will NOT play on any dvd player, or even in mac, or windows..

whats going on?
Corey Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #2
Trustee

I´m not sure if I understand what you´re asking for?
If you are trying to burn a prores422.mov file for archiving purpose you don´t use dvd studio pro, but the burning option found in finder - make burn folder.

If however you are trying to make a dvd movie you have to convert the prores422 to mpeg-2 (.m2v) by using either compressor or the import function in dvd-studio-pro.

Here is a link that may help you out: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cu...ption-fcp.html
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Trustee

Have you tried running the ProRes 422 file through compressor first then importing those files in to DVDSP? I never drop an HD timeline in to DVDSP - I always run through compressor first.
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

Corey,

DVDSP4 will playback the HD files initially because it was setup to author HD-DVD as well as SD-DVD's, however the DVD format is NOT high-definition and ProRes is. You can't deliver HD content on a DVD, and there's no way around it.

What you'll have to do is use Compressor or any other encoder and compress your ProRes files down to SD-Widescreen (MPEG-2 and AAC audio) for viewing on DVD. Read the dozens of threads about the proper procedure and settings to use for making your down-conversion encodes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite