Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 26th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

photos in FCP trouble

Hello all,
I'm editing a seemingly simple project that is giving me trouble:
I have a number of JPG stills at 1920x1080 that have to be a 'slide show' over a music track and it has to be a PAL project that I'm sending to Australia.
However the PAL presets on Final Cut do not seem to support that frame size and the other problem is that when I load the audio track into the timeline it has a series of 'pops' which are not present in the original track, even when I preview it in FCP (before I load it into the timeline). Whata?
Any leads are very welcome.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: photos in FCP trouble

It sounds like you need to render the audio.

I've rarely worked in PAL but whats the result when you put the JPGs in? Have you rendered them?

Last edited by Jase Tanner; April 28th, 2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: 1st typed PNG instead of JPG
Jase Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Jase,
I figured it out my problem. I converted the mp3 to .AIF ( I rendered the mp3, but it played with intermittent 'pops', I never had this problem with mp3's before, but here it is, once i converted the audio from the original file into .aif, it was fine). The jpg's were not being scaled to the proper size in FCP so I manually re-scaled them and kept the sequence setting at Apple proRes @ 25 frames, rather than using the PAL codec in FCP, which seemed to low res mu photos as well as scale it down.
Thanks for the post.
Erick
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #4
Major Player

Erick,

You're tripping up on something that many people find difficult to grasp: PAL is an analogue SD format.

1920 x 1080 is HD. HD is neither PAL nor NTSC it is HD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite