Timestamp at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 5th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Timestamp

A client wants me to timestamp footage I shot for him so he can go though the footage on DVD/TV and pick out what he wants at his convenience.

1) A friend said there is no need to time stamp the footage he can display the run time using the DVD remote or on the computer with Windows Media or some other player. I don't know if the client will think I'm being difficult...

2) Final Cut Pro built-in Timecode filter only displays the runtime of a clip. So if I have two clips in the timeline one 3 minutes and the other 5 minutes. The filter starts at zero with each clip instead of display the time that it was filmed at. Is there a 3rd party filter that does this? But maybe this isn't important because of my first point.

edit: I'm starting to see why a true time code would be better because as soon as you start editing the clip its length changes and with it the displayed time on the timecode generating filter. I can still see the original runtime by turning on Open sync and looking at the Viewer window.

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; February 5th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Timestamp

Use the timecode reader filter instead of timecode generator, it reads the timecode directly from the quicktime file.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite