does yosemite work with fcp7? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Major Player

does yosemite work with fcp7?

does anyone know if the recently upgraded mac os10.10/yosemite works with fcp7?

i look forward to real-world experiences or links to the same.

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
smalltalk productions/nyc
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: does yosemite work with fcp7?

Still kicking the tyres but yes, it loads and works. Not given it a full workout yet, basic functions and plugins all seem to be working. I'd STRONGLY suggest you clone an existing working drive setup if you want to try Yosemite, with the clone you can go back easily it you find major problems. My setup is not reliant on the Yosemite/FCP7 setup, I use a 2009 MacPro with 4 internal drives, 1 with Yosemite/FCP7, 1 with 10.8.5/FCP7 and 1 with Mavericks/FCPX so I get the best of all options to boot to.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:29 AM   #3
Trustee

Hey Guys,
I have been experimenting with Yosemite on my older Macbook Pro and FCP 7, DVD Studio Pro and Compressor work. One issue which has me pausing for a bit is my third party SSD Drive uses Trim Enabler which has issues with Yosemite including potential boot problems. It may be that I just abandon Trim Enabler for use in Yosemite and hope their is no long term issue with the SSD. After doing the install there is a screen which will tell you what software is incompatible so you don't really know what won't work until after you have created a system drive. Basically seems to have the same issues as Mavericks plus the Trim Enable issue. If you are using a regular Hard drive or Apple SSD this is not an issue. Here is a link which can be useful for this topic

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/doe...0-10-yosemite/
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 07:46 AM   #4
Trustee

There are reports that Motion 4 (FCS 3) doesn't work with Yosemite. Haven't tried it out myself yet. When I did a test install of Yosemite on my Mocbook Pro Motion was not flagged as incompatible link Trim Enabler. Motion 5 is not used for FCP 7 so if you are a Motion user you should have a back up plan.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite