FCP 5 TimeCode Error While Capturing - Solution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 25th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #1

FCP 5 TimeCode Error While Capturing - Solution

I was capturing some footage from my GL2 earlier and kept getting timecode break errors and the capturing was not working.

I thought it was because the camera needed to have the heads cleaned, but to make a long story short, it was not. When I called Canon, they were great - Tel: (949) 753-4200 (ask for Rico). He did a search on the web and found out that some people were having issues with capturing to a external hard drive. I had done it a day before with a Z1, and it worked fine. But I guess it's not so for the GL2.

I changed the folder that I capture to back to my desktop and the capture worked just fine. No problems. I'm impressed with Canon's assistance and the guy taking the time to help me find a solution, instead of taking the easy route and saying "just send it in."

Hopefully the above will help someone else!

Last edited by Guest; October 26th, 2005 at 05:35 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:44 PM   #2
Wrangler

Thanks for the tip! I had some XL-2 video that I was capturing to an external 5400rpm firewire drive in FCP4, and while the other tape from the XL-2 worked fine and the Optura tape I was capturing went in fine, the second XL-2 tape was giving me jerky playback while capturing and always complained about dropped frames, no matter how I captured it. I changed the capture disk to my Powerbook's internal 5400rpm drive and it's capturing just fine.
Jenn Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 06:28 PM   #3

Glad it helped Jenn!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite