FCP general error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 10th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #1
New Boot

FCP general error

I keep getting a general error message when I try to slow down my clips.
I have done this several times before without any problems.

I tried trashing my FCP preferences. I did a verify and repair on my hard drive and external hard drive. Still no luck?? Any ideas?

I am running FCP 4.0 on a Mac G5 1.8 GHZ with 1 mg of RAM, System OSX 10.3.9 with a external 200gb Maxtor hard drive.
Dan Frievalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Have you tried doing the same thing in another project after your first spotted the error? I once had the Graphic EQ audio unit plug-in cause me problems on a single project. It works fine in all my other projects, but on this one it gave me general errors that did not go away when I trashed my preferences. If it is just in the one project then you might be able to solve the problem by using the media manager or maybe even using XML export/import to make a new project file.
Zach Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:51 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Zach...I used the Media Manager to fix the problem!! You saved me big time.

Dan
Dan Frievalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 08:31 AM   #4
ChorizoSmells

Dan,
how did you fix the problem? I have the exact same G5 setup as you and in one project I tried slowing down a section of it and it kept playing fast even though I slowed it to 60%. Then it kept freezing up, getting the spinning beachball. Had to Force Quit it. Did the trash preferences and repair permissions. How do I use the Media Manager to fix it?

rik
Old November 11th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #5
Major Player

Rik,
Just use the copy function to make a new project. Sometimes having a brand new project file makes everything better.
Zach Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #6
New Boot

Rik,

I opened the problem project, went to File>Media Manager. In that dialog box I selected "copy" under Media. I then clicked the "browse" button and selected the new folder that I wanted the files to be copied into. I then just opened the new project and everthing worked.

Good Luck,
Dan
Dan Frievalt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite