HVX - Getting "Needs Render" Red Bar in Timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 21st, 2006, 11:22 PM   #1

HVX - Getting "Needs Render" Red Bar in Timeline

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to shoot some footage on the HVX. I shot a little bit today and now I'm importing it, but something new and strange is happening and I know it's my fault, but I just can't figure out what setting may be off.

I do everything in 720 24p just to be consistent. The first few batches of footage I imported into FCP went straight into the timeline without needing rendering. Tonight, I'm getting the "Needs Rendering" Red Bar when I move the footage from the FCP browser window onto the timeline.

I'm set up in the "Easy Setup" on the 720 24p. The footage was done on the HVX in 720 24p (showed in the LCD screen in the bottom). I've got to be missing some small setting here or overlooking something simple I'm sure.

Any ideas?

I did change to shooting in Scene File 6, as I liked that look the most, would that cause the problem?

Thanks.
Old April 21st, 2006, 11:42 PM   #2

Sometimes you can just spend too much time on the computer and you start doing stupid things. At least I do. I had the camera on 24p instead of 24pN - which 24pN is only one of the biggest reasons I bought it. Just did a small sample clip in 24pN and everythings fine again... except my pride.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite