DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #1
New Boot

Struggling with the HVX200 and Final Cut

Ok, I am really struggling for some reason to import my files into Final Cut. I have a Panasonic HVX200 P2 and Final Cut 4.5. I just got the camera, and I think I'm doing everything right, however, I'm not getting any results. I've tried a few different routes. I've created a disk image of the P2 card to my desktop and tried to import the XML files from there into Final Cut. I've tried going straight from the card to Final Cut. I downloaded the P2 Log Demo, and had a bit more success (but the audio wouldn't import). I'm wondering what other people do for their capturing workflow and if maybe I've missed something during the installation proccess or in the manuals.

Thanks,
fletch
Fletcher Kasmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #2
New Boot

fcp 5

I think you need fcp 5 or 5.1 would be even better. I do not have a P2 card but i've shot straight to hdd through my laptop using fcp 5.

upgrade and you'll be happy :)
Narayan Van Maele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #3
New Boot

FCP 4.5 won't do it at all, you HAVE to have at least 5.0.4 to work with DVCPRP-HD material.
Ben Balser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #4
New Boot

Hi guys

So have you guys editing HVX200 720p materials on FCP before? any issues?
I am thinking of shooting that format for my short film. Any feedback would be appreciated.

cheers
ys
Cheong Ying Sien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #5
Major Player

Yes, you will need to upgrade your FCP to capture 720/24p DVCProHD natively. I recommend taking advantage of Apple's $49 FCStudio crossgrade offer--the update to the Universal Binary.

Here's a link to download the crossgrade form: http://images.apple.com/universal/cr...Crossgrade.pdf

Before you install the crossgrade, make sure you update your OSX to 10.4.7 and then update your QuickTIme to 7.1.2.

Once you've done that, install the FCStudio 5.1 upgrade. After that, make sure you run the Software Update function of OSX to update FCStudio to 5.1.1 and update any of the Pro Application Support files.

For some specific help on capturing your DVCProHD footage natively in FCStudio, read the details at the bottom of this link: http://dvshortfilms.com/resources/wo...0workflow.html

Good Luck!

Last edited by Jeff Sayre; July 11th, 2006 at 08:37 PM.
Jeff Sayre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite