Problems with acquiring footage into my Mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 20th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #1
New Boot

Firewire trouble

IF anyone can please help.When trying to capture some footage onto FCP or Imovie on my Mac it says that no camera is attached.Is this something common? Is it something to do w configurations on my cam or is it just my Firewire Port on the Cam (PDX10) is burnt.

Please help me out with this info.i have a project that is due in the next couple of days
Orlando Arroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #2
Wrangler

The PDX-10 should work fine with your Mac. Have your tried another firewire cable? How about trying the camera with another computer? If you go to one of the Apple stores I'd imagine they would let you try (although things are probably crazy there just before Christmas).

Do you have access to another camera? Does it work with your Mac? If you have 4-pin to 4-pin firewire cable you could also try connecting the two cameras together and see if the other one can capture from the PDX-10.

Also, what kind of Mac? Are any other firewire devices connected? If so, disconnect everything but the camera. Turn the camera off and restart the Mac, then turn the camera on and see if you can capture.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 01:43 AM   #3
New Boot

Thank you.So helpful.I have tried all of the above except turning off anything firewire related and tryin again.Thanks again.Merry Xmas
Orlando Arroja is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite