DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 17th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Faster Digitizing possible?

Alright. Here's the deal. 5 cameras x 10 hours x 2 days. I have 10 hours x 2 days to digitize the tapes.

Obviously there's no way to digitize all the tapes in those 2 days. However, I'm hoping to at least get more then 20 hours done.

Question 1 - is there any way to speed up the digitizing (FCP 5.1) without losing data?

Question 2 - if i were to digitize some tapes in Premiere, could i import the files into FCP without issue?
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Major Player

On the PC platform, you can try our Enosoft DV Processor.

We have successfully connected THREE cameras at the same time and captured to separate files. i.e., 3 x 1 hours captured in 1 hour. Many capturing tools don't let you select from multiple devices that are attached.

I had 15 hours of safari footage and captured the lot in 5 hours.

Connecting three devices through a single Firewire port can be problematic - it all depends on the order the devices are connected, powered on etc.

Right now, the software is free to use (in beta).

Re converting PC-based AVI files for use in FCP, QuickTime Pro should let you do that.
John Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite