dropped frame message when printing to video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #16
Wrangler

Are all your clips on the external drive, and is the external drive your scratch disk? If some files are on the internal drive then it could slow things down because of fragmentation.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

The files on the external are audio render files, autosave vault, capture scratch and render files. The only folder that isnt on the external is the final cut pro system support folder that is under application support. Should this be on the external as well?
Old February 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #18
Major Player

Come on!!!

I'm at a client location on FCP.

I have a DV sequence on a Quad Core Mac with 8 Gb of memory. Scratch disk is a seperate 750Gb SATA drive, (media only). I'm trying to do a layback
(print to video) and it plays audio and a still frame to the deck. Full motion video shows up on the computer monitor. I have every setting set to DV in trhe setup, timeline, external output is set to Firewire NTSC.

Please tell me that FCP really isn't that picky and that I'm doing something wrong, because I can layback all day on my little 3 year old HP P4 Centrino with a gig of memory, and a regular old notebook drive with Avid Xpress.

I am at a complete loss and i have been editing for more than 15 years and never had this much choking!!!

Complete frustration and exhaustion,

BIG OLE EDIT: Figured it out finally. Sequence was NTSC not NTSC DV....I feel stupid, go ahead and kick me..

David

Last edited by David Parks; February 8th, 2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Becuase I was stupid...
David Parks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite