Problem opening Final Cut Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #1

Problem opening Final Cut Pro

I've had Final Cut Pro 5 installed on my G5 tower for over a year now and use it frequently. But now there's a problem. When I click on it, it looks like it's loading up, it displays the initial flash screen that tells you the license number and all that, but then after that, instead of opening up into the program, it just goes back to the desktop. There's no arrow over the Final Cut Pro icon, it's just completely unopened. You can repeat that process over and over but it won't open.

I completely uninstalled Final Cut from the computer (including the files in Receipts and Libraries) and reinstalled it, and it's still doing the same thing. I don't know what to do. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #2
Major Player

Have you added any new hardware to your system?
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:48 AM   #3
Major Player

Zach, In case you haven't already, I'd suggest you check out the FCP forum (http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=939) at the Apple website.

In the last few months there have been OS, QT and FCP updates which have caused a variety of problems, some related to hardware and some to software installed. The forum is really active, with a lot of experienced users participating daily. I haven't had the problem you describe, but I have seen similiar threads at that site. Doing a search there might get you up and going again.
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #4

Thanks

Thanks to both of you for responding. After reading through a lot of threads, I tried trashing all of the preferences from FCP using one of those little programs that do that, and now it opens up fine. I really appreciate the time you took to reply. Thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite