HV20 and 24p into FCP - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 14th, 2007, 07:09 AM   #31
New Boot

I just wanted to let FCP 5.x users to know that you can create a sequence preset for the Apple Intermediate Codec at 23.98. Just copy the Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i60 sequence preset and change the 'Editing Timebase' to 23.98. 1080i60 AIC clips that are converted to 23.98 with Cinema Tools will play in the timeline without any rendering.

The problem I am having now is that I can't capture as AIC - whatever I try, my FCP doesn't see my HV20 when attempting to capture as AIC. As HDV everything captures fine. Have any of you been able to capture in FCP 5.x directly as AIC.
Kurt Madel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Yeah, I capture using AIC...(5.1.4) You don't get any controls like you do with HDV capture. Meaning no Log and capture window. It simply pops up asking what you want to name the capture... and away it goes. But, it does split the clips up based on start/stop.

Here is what I am still miffed by... I capture at 1080i/60, set my clips so they are p-p-p-i-i... export my clip... open in cinema tools and run a rev telecine. This all works fine, but I am confused at the output. Look at this Screen Shot. What is weird is that it shows the "normal size" as 1920x1080, how did it come up with that, seeing as how the format is 1440...? and what is with the 1888x1062?

If I bring the clip back into final cut and look at the format properties, it shows a 1440 clip.

So, my question is... when I render this as a h.264 1920 movie with QT, am I really just upscaling or are all 1920x1080 pixels really there?

Thanks!
Scott Aubuchon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite