MPEG Streamclip acting up.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 28th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

MPEG Streamclip acting up....

Wonder if anybody can suggest a solution for this weird problem...

I shot footage in HDV 50P on a JVC-HD-110e....

Captured ten seconds of footage with HDVxDV and then opened the .m2t file in MPEG Streamclip.

The m2t file seems to play fine for the first 3 seconds, and then freezes, even when there isn't a time-code break. The playhead still moves, but the image freezes.

I export to a Quicktime and see if it's there too, and it is.

Am i doing something wrong?
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Same here...

...on two machines (G5 Quad and Mac Pro 8-core). Streamclip 1.8 freezes when playing HDV 720p25 from Dr-HD100 / GY-HD100e. Can it be the new QT 7.1.6? Streamclip worked before that I think.
Andreas Nistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Neil

you capture using HDVxDV ... can you not save the file directly to a suitable Quickrtime from there? just wondering why MPEG Streamclip is in the equation at all.

cheers
Andy
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Andreas and Neil:

Perhaps you can email the creator of MPEG Streamclip at Squared5. If there are possible compatibility glitches with the latest Quicktime version, let him know the full details. He's normally quite prompt at keeping this software updated - once he knows there's a new problem.

Andy:
From my experience with HDVxDV, I've only been able to get it to work with 24p. I was never able to change it to 25p (and in Neil's case it's 50p). Is there some way that you know of to change its frame rates? (This would be handy info.) Thanks.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 03:25 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies guys,

I was only using MPEG streamclip while i had the trial version of HDVxDV, but now i've bought it, it's solved my problem! I only use it to capture 50p then conform in Cinema Tools to 25fps, but it was the only software that would let me capture 50p without falling apart. I'm on a Mac Pro so it can't be processor problems, (i hope!)

I really think it must be a glitch, because i've had it working in the past and suddenly Mpeg Streamclip can't handle any format. I'll get in touch with the developer then.

Cheers,

Neil
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite