DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Idvd and embeded chapters in an avi

Hi Guys,
I am new to the mac system and was wondering how to import an avi file into idvd and get the embedded chapter markers to come up with a submenu with thumbnail images. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #2
Major Player

I've never tried iDVD with chapter markers embedded in the file, but if you bring that video into iMovie and add chapter markers there and then export it to iDVD it should give you the menu and thumbnails and everything.
Old May 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers View Post
Hi Guys,
I am new to the mac system and was wondering how to import an avi file into idvd and get the embedded chapter markers to come up with a submenu with thumbnail images. Am I missing something?

Thanks
I haven't worked with AVI files and iDVD, but if you have chapter markers in your footage, it will import them and create a layout. I just finished a project last night and the client wanted a theme from 4.0 (I've got iDVD 6.0) and created the timeline in FCP and created chapter markers and exported as a .mov. How was the AVI created? Again, I don't have experiance with that file type and iDVD. I normally work with DVD Studio Pro, it took me some time to get used to iDVD again. :-)

Grant
Grant Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite