Just ordered a Mac Pro! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #16
Major Player

Mac Pro back on order!!! Along with Final Cut Studio 2 and 4Gb of RAM from OWC...

Mmm... x1900xt, 4x 2.66GHz processors, and 5Gb of RAM goodness!!!
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #17
Regular Crew

The WWDC is a developers conference - not really the place for Hardware Announcements. As you see now that it has passed there were none, just as expected.

Anyway, congrats on the new sytem, I just purchased a dual quad 3.0 with FCP Studio 2, so I know that feeling ;)

Also, if you have a student id that is valid or attending classes in any means you qualify as a student. While education software may not be the best choice if you intend to use it for business the hardware can be purchased from the education store on apple.com for a discount and there are no limitations of using the hardware after you are "out" of school.
Tim Holtermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #18
Major Player

Well my 4Gb of RAM from OWC just arrived - those heatsinks are ENORMOUS! So I've been smiling and giggling about the house, then ten minutes later what turns up at my door? The 20" Apple display that I ordered with my Mac Pro but is destined for my dad's desk. He's out of town for a couple of days so I'm going to test it for him!

I can see now why people pay the extra for the Apple displays - this thing is gorgeous! Only problem is it makes the rest of my old PC peripherals look butt ugly.

...now I just need the actual computer and I'm in business!
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 03:59 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Sweet system dude...had my 2.66 xt1900 3Gb since Sept, threw in a couple of WD3200KS 320Gb HDs, between EyeTV and my Canon HV20E it hums through HD stuff...just got work out Sony DNLS or whatever it is so can I stream stuff direct to my PS3 & Bravia X-series LCD!
Mark Joseph is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite