DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 21st, 2007, 10:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCS2 G5 DVD export trouble

I am having some serious issues and still can not resolve them. I am on a Power Mac G5 and when I export via compressor for DVD, and I come back to see how the export went. I can not get any response out of the computer and the fans are running a million miles an hour. I have to hold the power button down and start the computer over.
I have alread done a complete reinstall of everything, all I have on the comouter is Mac OS 10.10 what ever the latest update is today and FCS2 and I am having this issue. I would really apperciate any and all help I can get here because I am really stumped here.
Brandon Potthoff
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

update

I have experienced it again and now have a report to send to apple it is saying that it is FCS2. THis is really driving me crazy!
Brandon
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

update

Talked with apple and he said that my G5 is dying that is what happens to this model when it starts to go down hill, not good news on the home front. I guess the bright point is that there is finially a resolved answer to the issue. I am just wondering how much that is going to cost????? I have had it just over a year that is the bad thing.
Brandon
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:45 AM   #4
RED Code Chef

Brandon: please try and pick a better title when creating a thread next time. "FCS2 trouble???????" doesn't really help anyone browsing the boards to know what you're problem is and thus want to help you figure it out.

I've edited the thread title to better indicate your problem

Thanks,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:03 PM   #5
Major Player

it happened to me, too. Then I have read somewhere how to fix.

Go to preferences and disable power saving off all kind. During the long process of compressing stuff with Compressor, one of the power saving actions might get active and shut down the system - while it is still working.

For me this solved the problem of running fans on the dead G5.
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:01 AM   #6
Regular Crew

thank u

Thank u I am going to give that a shot and see if that works. THis is the last resort I am going to take it to an Apple Genius next in fact I think that is what I am going to do just to have it checked out.
Brandon
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite