Video to Web at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 24th, 2005, 02:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Video to Web

I was wondering if anyone would be patient and willing enough to go through their process of getting their footage or quick clips on the web. A step by step guideline might be helpful. There may also be others who are interested in the best tried and true methods for getting both video movies and slideshow movies on the web. Thanks for all that provide the knowledge.
Tom Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 02:42 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Tom

this has probably been covered before.. so a search will no doubt throw up a few answers....

It's not hard really....
1) Edit your film in one of the NLE systems. I use Premier Pro.
2) Export your film using one of the options in your software... ie. Windows Media, Quicktime etc. to allow for streaming. I use Windows media as I edit on a PC. but most computers will play most formats these days...I put up three file sizes to cover the connections speeds most commonly used.. ie. 56k, 120k and 512k... Broadband speeds are getting better all the time so we will no doubt be putting 1meg clips up next year.
3) Once you have rendered out your video you will need to post it on your web space... I use Cute FTP for this. You may have to check with your internet provider if they allow video as it is very heavy. Ours charges considerabley more than a regular fee for our video space on the server.
4) You will then need to build your web page to link to the video sequences. To my mind building nice webpages is the hardedest bit...

Hope this helps and gives you somewhere to start.
Regards
Gareth
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #3
Trustee

We have a thread on this in the DVChallenge forum. I't sticky and near the top of the forum list.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Video to Web

Ok thanks a bunch guys.
Tom Woodworth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video