My new business - Streaming Vistas (Real Estate Video Tours) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video

Old January 20th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #1
Tourist

My new business - Streaming Vistas (Real Estate Video Tours)

Hello all,

Please take a few moments to take a peak at my new business. This is www.streamingvistas.com and it's a service for real estate video tour delivery via quicktime progressive download.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on the sample page, and if anyone can make suggestions to make things easier for new/first time users to get the viewer plug-in installed, let me know.

joel

joel.lovell@sbcglobal.net
Joel Lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 09:02 PM   #2
Warden

Your sample doesn't work.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 09:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Worked okay for me (IE6 with QT6pro installed), but it's not very obvious on the sample that you need to click the house image to begin the movie. Maybe either start the movie automatically or have an overlay text on the house image reading "click to start your sample tour"?

Once I clicked the link, the movie didn't start playing automatically (but did start downloading inside the plugin), but I think that was just QuickTime being unsure I would get finished downloading in time. I had to stop playing halfway through to let the download catch up.

Nice shots, and interesting business idea. Once thing I noticed though, is there some dust and muck on your lens? It's really noticable during long pans against white and cream walls. I was brushing off my monitor to make sure it was clean.

Neat site, good work!
Brian M. Dickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #4
Warden

Yup, your absolutly correct. I hit the play button and watched the slider move to the other end with no change in picture. Do like Apple does on the QuickTime site, Click here to Play.

Use a tripod and make sure your camera is level. The dirt in the dinning room shot is noticeable. Break up your pans with more still shots.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 09:24 PM   #5
Major Player

Just curious if you have the rights to that music? You have a copyright mark on your video which means you should have the rights to the music also. Just be careful if you don't, even as a sample you could get in HUGE trouble for using it, especially promoting it over the internet.
The reason I bring it up is because it was my least favorite part of the video. It just didn't fit at all. I don't mean to be rude, but honest.
Rhett Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2003, 04:14 AM   #6
RED Code Chef

Brian,

QT will not automatically begin to play unless you encoded the
auto play instruction into the movie, that is a special thing you
must do!

Joel,

If this is a product etc. you want to sell may I suggest revamping
your site to give it a more professional look?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2003, 08:25 AM   #7
Tourist

Improvements!

Hello All,

My dedicated server is now up, with a new name. (Streaming Vistas was a pain over the phone - people kept saying 'screaming what??".

Hope you like the new look and performance.

Regards,

Joel Lovell
sales@webdv.us

http://www.webdv.us
Joel Lovell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video