Web Video. Starts off great quality, Then goes HAYWIRE! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Web Video. Starts off great quality, Then goes HAYWIRE!

*Frustrated* So I've been trying and trying to get decent video on the web via youtube, etc. (because I don't have the means to buy a website and put my videos up so don't suggest that, it may lie somewhere in the future but for now I'll stick with free video hosting because i know it is possible to get good quality video on here..)

Okay so after trying millions of different combinations and codecs, and frame rates, and datarates, I thought I FINALLY found one that worked..

Someone tell me what the heck happened to my video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYDy4uFhGxc

Starts off, being the best quality video i've uploaded so far, at about the 1:35 mark,.. it goes haywire.. The video is HALF as long as it's supposed to be, which means that the song ends early.. and it gets realllly pixelated and the footage goes much faster than it is supposed to..

I just don't understand what happened.. ??

For those who are interested in the settings i used..

here's a summary.

Out of premiere pro, i exported it as a quicktime file.. I used the sorenson video 3 codec. 320x240. audio mono 16bit. 44khz. Frame rate: 30. Datarate 550. The file size turned out to be 48mb which is under the 100mb limit of youtube..

Anyone please help.. I was so bummed out when I went from thinking I finally got good video.. to realizing it was completely unusable!!
Jenna Klingensmith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video